Thursday, August 2, 2012

Summer Food Tour Part 1

Dear Friends,

I would certainly say I have dined at a plethora of restaurants this summer season, with most serving one of my favorite dishes: The Lobster Roll. Below is a sample of the different meals I have enjoyed at home and out.

Whenever I am able to, I substitute french fries for steamed vegetables or a salad.

Traditional Wedge Salad



One of my favorites, chocolate mousse, fresh fruit, dulce de leche ice cream, and fresh whipped cream.

Creme Brulee

Sticky Toffee Pudding cake, one of the best I have had at a non-Brit restaurant

Another delicious chocolate mousse. I love the way it is served in the martini glass.

Yellow curry chicken. I will try to replicate this recipe at home soon. Notice the extra yellow curry sauce on the side next to the jasmine rice. When it comes to sauce, there may never be enough ;)

Green curry chicken *very spicy*

Avocado Pesto Pasta I made at home. Very easy: blend 1 tbs of pine nuts, two avocados, salt, pepper to taste and about 2/3 cup of olive oil, blend until creamy. Garnish with fresh basil. I used whole wheat linguine.


Sea bass with a creamy leek sauce with asparagus and mashed potatoes



I love when the roll is slightly toasted. Always best when paired with delicious cole slaw.

The little balls are fried goat cheese pieces.




Hush Puppies from Bubba Gump Shrimp Co., my favorite! I get this as my entree and it is surprisingly very filling on its own!

Mega chocolate chip cookie sundae at Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.

Irish Soda Bread at Universal Studios, Florida

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Questions are always welcome too!

Blogging:

Restaurants, personal diet and healthy eating, recipes, gourmet foods, animals, books, personal fashion, travel and my steps in life along the way!