Thursday, March 15, 2012

My Trip to Zabars in NYC

Dear Friends,

During this week's gorgeous weather, I took a trip to Central Park West, one of my favorite places in the city. My favorite areas to visit are the West Village, Central Park West and Chelsea. I also love Little Italy for dining and of course the San Gennaro festival in September. Little Italy especially means a lot to me because my great-grandparents used to live many years ago on Mulberry Street during the turn of the century.

I was so happy that I was able to visit Zabar's, an historic gourmet and kosher grocery store on Broadway and 80th street. Zabar's also has a cafe next door and an online shop where you could by items and gift baskets! I have been this wonderful grocery store for many years. I especially appreciate that their staff is so gracious and the food items are consistenly top notch!

A few days ago, I purchased the Norwegien Gjetost, my favorite cheese. It is a caramel colored goat cheese and also considered to be a Scandinavian staple food. You can purchase the Ski Queen Original Goat Cheese on Amazon. I also purchased mint coloring and flavoring for soda. I intend to make mint green hot chocolate with steamed milk and a mint green cream soda for St. Patrick's Day (along with cupcakes with green icing and sprinkles, pictures to follow)! The company's name is Monin. You can purchase their gourmet syrup flavors on their website. Their website includes signature recipes for the syrups! In addition, I purchased Walker's Scottie Dogs Shortbread. I will post about an activity I did with the shortbread in a few days. Lastly, I purchased a chicken curry pate that is sold in Zabar's deli department. This again is my favorite spread for crackers and toast!

Le Sirop de Monin Green Mint, available at Zabar's

Be sure to visit Central Park West in New York City and you cannot skip out on shopping at Zabar's!

Best Always,

1 comment:

  1. After study a few of the posts on this website now, and I truly like your way of blogging. I bookmarked it and will be checking back soon.

    My Lap Shop Publishers

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Questions are always welcome too!

Blogging:

Restaurants, personal diet and healthy eating, recipes, gourmet foods, animals, books, personal fashion, travel and my steps in life along the way!