Below is a great recipe for the holidays, but can be made for any event during the year! It is also very easy to make. Instead of using holiday morsels, consider using butterscotch chips or dark chocolate chips. Personally, I like to mix it up!
- 1 ½ cups butter , softened
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups flour
- 1 ¾ cups Nestle Toll House holiday shapes and morsels
- ½ cup nuts , chopped finely
- PREHEAT oven to 375°F.
- BEAT butter, sugar, vanilla extract and salt in large mixer bowl until creamy.
- Gradually beat in flour; stir in Shapes & Morsels and nuts.
- Shape level tablespoons of dough into 1 1/4-inch balls. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- BAKE for 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies are set and lightly browned. Remove from oven. Sift powdered sugar over hot cookies on baking sheets. Cool on baking sheets for 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Sprinkle with additional powdered sugar, if desired. Store in airtight containers.