Saturday, November 13, 2010

Cowgirl Chocolates Review

I just love the presentation of the chocolates that were kindly sent to me by Cowgirl Chocolates. It is so beautiful, it looks like a jewelry box, wrapped in ribbon with a western style cowgirl boot pin! Very sophisticated and tasteful! I really admire that!

The chocolates inside included nine fancy handmade truffles. There are no additives and preservatives in her chocolate. The flavors range from mild to spicy. I enjoyed the spicy kick to them, it was a unique treat. Everyone in my family tried a piece and they were all impressed. The spicy caramels were quite a surprise! I ate it in one bite and in a couple of seconds, my mouth was practically on fire. Not too overpowering, however! I would love to try the caramel sauce next time! When you are eating them, just in case you have a low tolerance to spicy foods, there is a color-coded flavor guide that is supplied with the chocolates. This is so there are no surprises.   

Also included in my shipment was a catalog for future orders. Other products include spicy truffles, Nothin' Fancy Daisies chocolates, Chipotle or Habanero caramels, hot caramel sauce, peanut brittle and solid chocolate bars. Some of the products come with a reusable tin. The chocolate bars I would love to try include the mild sarsaparilla, mild lavender dark, and the mild lemonade white chocolate. 



The company is based in Idaho and was started by Marilyn Lysohir in 1997. Cowgirl chocolates has been featured in the Chicago Tribune, Chocolatier Magazine, the New York Times, the San Francisco Chronicle, CelebrityCafe.com, thenibble.com, among others, and on the Food Network's "Unwrapped" and "Extreme Cuisine." Cowgirl Chocolates sponsors many charities including the Wild Horse Sanctuary in Shingletown, CA



Visit the Cowgirl Chocolate website to purchase and learn more!

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    All glitches are fix at my weekend blog hop. All entries including yours now shows up. Next week should go a lot smoother. Thank you for following. Im following back.

    http://pacifierspumpstheworld.com/2010/11/13/1st-fun-weekend-blog-hop/

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Questions are always welcome too!

Blogging:

Restaurants, personal diet and healthy eating, recipes, gourmet foods, animals, books, personal fashion, travel and my steps in life along the way!