I prefer to serve it in small individual bowls, or even cupcake wrappers. This is because childrens' hands become messy and you do not want accidentally knock over the bowl. It tastes so delicious they will be reaching for more and more.
9 cups Corn Chex Cereal
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 stick butter
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (12 oz. bag)
1 cup white chocolate chips (12 oz. bag)
2-2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Measure out the 9 cups of Chex cereal into a large bowl, set aside
- In a grocery bag, or large plastic bag, measure out 2 cups of powdered sugar and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, measure out the butter, peanut butter, and chocolate chips.
- Melt the chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter together in the saucepan over low heat. Be careful not to burn your mixture! This should take about five to six minutes.
- Pour this melted chocolate mixture over the 9 cups Chex in the large bowl. Stir it all together, making sure that all the pieces of Chex are covered in the melted chocolate.
- Pour this chocolate Chex mixture into the plastic bag with powdered sugar in it. Seal the bag and shake it until all the Chex pieces are coated in a layer of powdered sugar.
- Open the bag and pour out into a bowl to enjoy!